Monday, 30 January 2012

SYN FREE BAKED EGG CUSTARDS AND 2 SYNS CUSTARD TARTS

This is the third time I have joined Slimming World.  Each time I reach my target I stop attending classes.  I have 2 stone to go and this time I will try and keep going.  The meals are great and I enjoy cooking.  Even the children enjoy the slimming world meals and I can tinker around with the recipes for everyone to enjoy!


Last night I made BAKED EGG CUSTARD delicious :


250ml semi skimmed milk (use as a healthy extra)
1 tablespoon of sweetner
splash of vanilla essence
nutmeg
2 eggs.


Method:  boil the milk and add the mixed eggs beating quickly so the eggs do not turn into scrambled eggs.  Add sweetner and vanilla essence (add orange zest to liven up the custard).  Sprinkle with nutmeg.


Bake in 4 pots in a Bain Marie (water filled basin) for 40 minutes at 170c.


TRY MAKING CUSTARD TARTS ;  ready rolled light shortcrust pastry.  Make the mixiture as above (add a tablespoon of quark for a creamy taste).  Bake in the oven 170c for about 15 minutes.......  A couple of syns each for the pastry case....



1 comment:

  1. Delicious using Filo Pastry as an alternative to shortcrust. Save your syns.

    ReplyDelete